At Canvas Etc., we carry a tremendous variety of high quality synthetic denier fabrics. Our large selection of denier synthetic fabrics have color fading properties and come in a wide selection of colors and styles.
To better understand, denier refers to the diameter thickness of the fiber. Denier is a unit that will rely on many different properties. This unit of measure defines fiber thickness.
Most noteworthy, our denier selection consists of various styles of nylon fabric, vinyl coated mesh, vinyl fabric and other polyurethane and PVC-coated fabrics. They’re also available in specific colors for your choosing.
Styles of Denier
Our unrivaled offering of denier style synthetic fabrics are suitable for all types of applications and end-uses. Therefore, some amazing denier fabrics that we always have in-stock and readily available to meet any specific demand are:
- 1000 Denier Nylon: Created by the DuPont company, nylon’s uses are vastly abundant. From bags to garments, nylon’s amazing properties extend into so many interesting uses.
- Polyester: Extracted from a polymer, polyester fabric is in most of what we see on the rack when we go shopping. Not only for clothing, polyester’s versatility makes this fabric great for any number of projects.
- Vinyl: Vinyl’s amazing mildew and water resistance make it perfect for outdoor applications. From covering your pool to creating an outdoor structure with a vinyl roof, this fabric holds up under even the most extreme conditions.
- Non Woven Polypropylene: Polypropylene is usually considered the cousin of polyester, but has better water repellent properties. This hydrophobic fabric dries quickly and works great for indoor and outdoor applications.
So many styles of denier have incredible characteristics that overcome the barriers of their natural counterparts. No matter what your passion is, there’s a denier fabric that’ll support your vision for your next project.
Our 210 denier is quite popular, and can be used for many different applications and end-products. 210 denier is also sometimes referred to as: 210 denier nylon fabric, 210d ripstop nylon, 210d nylon, 210d fabric and can be a polyester or an oxford nylon.
Denier Fabric Properties
Our collection of these fine denier style fabrics and their individual threads are of supreme quality. Most of our synthetic offerings are water repellent, mildew resistant, and are readily available in flame retardant varieties.
As a result, certain styles of our synthetic denier also have high abrasion resistance. They’re perfect choices for applications and projects that need to withstand the elements and the test of time.
As mentioned, the term denier defines the woven or non-woven fiber thickness. For example, 1000 denier styles are typically considered thicker than 600 denier polyester styles, as the weight in grams is higher in the 1000 denier.
If denier is a single strand of silk 9000 meters long, that strand would equate to 1 gram in weight.
Synthetic denier means that they’re man made and aren’t grown naturally. Important to note, the fabrics mentioned above got their start in a laboratory setting.
Their excellent qualities like water repellent finish properties or great tensile strength exist because of the testing and care administered during lab testing.
Therefore, synthetic fibers are greatly responsible for the creation of so many astonishing products. They will work wonders for various products and applications.
Projects Utilizing Synthetic Denier Fabric
There is such a vast variety of amazing commercial and homemade items that are easily created using denier:
- Coverings: Protect your outdoor equipment or furniture with the many styles of denier we carry that can hold up against extreme temperatures and climates.
- Jackets and Outdoor Wear: For clothing that can last and remain more durable than traditional fabrics, our synthetic denier collection can hold up against all sorts of outdoor adventures.
- Bags and Luggage: Let your bags stand out and remain durable against travel with our large selection of synthetic denier.
- Tents: Our synthetic denier helps repair or create a heavy duty and water repellent, UV resistant tents with ease.
- Reupholstering: A wonderful denier style like our non-woven dust cover fabric works well with various reupholstering projects to breathe life back into your furniture.
For this reason, these items and activities using synthetic denier enhance your life by assisting in the longevity of your applications. Any one of these projects using our variety of synthetic denier will come with their own slew of fantastic benefits.
Canvas ETC’s Exceptional Denier
We only want the best quality fabrics for our customers. More importantly, our experts carefully selected amazing denier fabrics that’ll work for you and not the other way around. With all our great denier styles and offerings, it’s a breeze to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Therefore, be sure to check out our all of our synthetic denier products. If you have any questions, you can contact us for assistance.