We will keep you moving along safely and securely with the highest quality tarps at the lowest possible wholesale cost. Superior-made truck tarps ensure that you will get a top quality, weatherproof tarp that will protect and cover your prized over the road load, no matter what you’re hauling or where you are hauling it to. Protect your steel, refuse, lumber, hay and feed or temperature-sensitive asphalt.
Strong and easy to handle, our truck tarps will give you the peace of mind when on the road. No matter the load on your flatbed trucks, our heavy-duty tarps keep your quality products out of harm’s way. Learn more about our tarp systems and how they’ll benefit you in the long haul.
Why Truck Tarps?
To fully understand how quality tarps for trucks make the difference, we must first look at tarps. Tarpaulin, better known as a tarp, first obtained their use all the way back in the 15th century. Tarps made from canvas or other materials were mainly used as coverings for long journeys by boat.
For centuries, tarp covers grew in popularity. Around the 17th century, their use hopped from sea to land. Technically, the first use for a truck tarp happened when people around the world began to cover their wagons. While wagons aren’t the trucks we know today, they were the rough version of one back in earlier times.
Groundbreaking science ushered in the era of various materials for tarps, including truck tarps. With synthetic materials like polyester, vinyl, and nylon, tarp coverings expanded to include different and dynamic uses. Covering your items came with ease with these new and interesting materials.
While a tarps greatest use comes from covering your goods, they also began to use these new materials for shelter. Tents no longer relied on heavy materials like canvas, but instead could provide the same protection with lighter materials like ripstop nylon.
Today, truck tarps manufactured with sturdy components allow for your goods to get to where they need to go unharmed. The level of protection a truck tarp offers your load is absolutely unparalleled. With all the advancements made on the materials that go into your tarp, you’ll never have to worry about your products becoming ruined by the elements.
Tarp Cover Styles
Luckily for long haulers, truck coverings are made available in all sorts of different styles, shapes, and weights! No matter your load, there are different styles to suit your every tarp cover need! Some more popular styles used as truck tarps are:
- Vinyl: Vinyl tarp coverings for your truck are ideal for unpredictable weather environments. If while travelling you encounter wet conditions, a vinyl tarp will keep your goods safe and dry. This waterproof material works great for lumber tarps, steel tarps, or virtually any load!
- Polyester: Poly tarps are one of the most popular options for covering your load. Cover a dump truck or pickup truck easily with a polyester tarp cover. You won’t have to worry about your precious cargo when using a poly tarp.
- Polyethylene: Polyethylene tarps are commonly used for stationary coverings and are typically what’s found in any store but work well as a truck tarp. This woven tarp is sturdy against any sort of fickle circumstance that stands in its way.
- Nylon Mesh: Used mainly for shorter distances, mesh tarps made with ripstop nylon are great for toting your products while keeping them secure. These tarps work great in construction sites to move materials to and from the job site.
These styles of tarp for your truck will keep your mind at ease over the safety and security of your cargo. Any one of these materials work well for whatever you’ll need.
Quality Tarps and Their Weight
A great tarp for your long drive will come available in various options. As mentioned, the styles for tarps are vast and plentiful. The weights of tarps come varied as well.
A good tarp weight depends on your overall load. What sort of cargo will you carry? Usually, this factors into how heavy your tarp will need to be for your drive.
If your goods are light but still require a cover, a lighter material like nylon will work well. For things like lumber or steel piping, heavier tarps made from vinyl coated polyester keep your load intact.
Heavy-duty truck tarp coverings for longer, delicate loads are ideal to keep your products safe and from shifting. With the right accessories, your goods will stay put under a weighted, durable tarp cover.
Must-Have Truck Tarp Accessories
A great tarp isn’t much without the right accessories. Some must-need items that’ll make your travels simpler are:
- Tarp Repair Kits: Preparing for the unpredictable is key. Although truck covers are made to outlast your wildest encounters on the road, anything is possible. A tarp repair kit ensures you’ll still make it to your destination with your items intact.
- Ratchet Straps: If you need heavy duty protection, ratchet straps are an ideal option. Often made from high tensile fibers like nylon, these straps are super tough. Difficult to sever, they’ll stay in place with the right winch.
- Grommets: If your tarp isn’t ideally equipped with grommets you’ll want to be sure it has them before you get on the road. Grommets allow for the accessibility of strapping your load with rubber tarp straps to keep your tarp and goods in place.
- Winches: Winches tighten ratchet straps with ease and keep your cargo steady. A sturdy winch makes all the difference in getting your goods to their drop off safely and securely.
These accessories make the difference when using your truck tarp. They’ll save the day at a moment’s notice, and help you get your goods to their destination in one piece.
Canvas ETC High Quality Truck Tarps Wholesale
Your high-quality truck tarp needs are Canvas ETC’s top priority. A reliable, sturdy tarp makes all the difference for long haul trucking and preservation. For that reason and many more, we proudly offer wholesale options for all your truck cover needs.
If you’re in need of several tarps or other equipment, we’re here to assist. For a custom competitive pricing quote for bulk quantities or bulk pricing options, please email our customer service team at [email protected] or contact by phone at 404-514-7166.
Custom sizes, makes, or materials are possible! We will manufacture them for you. Contact our experts today to learn more.