Tent Fabric Canvas Projects You Can Make at Home
Tent canvas fabric is an iconic and extremely versatile textile. As far as canvas goes, it can be seen in various projects and products. Canvas also comes in many styles and treatments. Treated canvas is common, and it is typically coated with different finishes to reinforce durability. Sunforger tent canvas fabric is your fabric of choice when working on a variety of projects., including when building a tent or tipi!
Sunforger Tent Canvas Fabric Explained
Tent canvas fabric is dipped in a non-toxic chemical that refines and strengthens the properties of a variety of canvas styles. Sunforger canvas is styled like army duck canvas. Army duck’s cotton fibers are drawn out into longer strands before being twisted into yarns to be weaved and created as a canvas textile. This makes the fabric very tough while still being easy to work with. Sunforger canvas goes through the finishing process to give it some extra special qualities that will enhance its use over time. It can also leave the canvas slightly waxy as well, which holds well against water and other elements. Not only is Sunforger canvas strong and water repellent, it is also mildew resistant, and in some cases, flame retardant. With that many positive advantages to this fabric, its uses can go anywhere your imagination DIY will take you!
Traditional Uses for Sunforger Canvas
Tent canvas has many uses. It can be found as an essential fabric for any project requiring water protection and heavy use. Tent canvas is known to withstand damage against different types of outdoor elements, which is why it’s used for patio furniture upholstery or fabric awnings. Because Sunforger canvas is water repellent and sometimes flame retardant, it can withstand high temperatures. Tent canvas fabric can be utilized to create outdoor shelters such as tipis (teepees), tents, yurts, and campers. Due to the reliable nature of Sunforger tent canvas, whatever the weather, it can hold itself against extreme climates.
Sunforger canvas can also be used for various nautical supplies. Its water repellent properties make this canvas great for boat covers, boat awnings, or even seat covers for your watercraft. Since the canvas goes through a non-toxic treatment that leaves a waxy coating on the canvas itself, it can repel water and hold itself against harsher sea faring conditions.
Getting Creative: DIY Projects with Sunforger Canvas
Sunforger canvas is as variable as it is well-knit and firm. Its properties extend past its traditional uses for tents and industrial covers. As it is also impressively easy to sew and handle, it can be used to create many practical everyday items such as:
- Tote bags for your basic needs like shopping. At Canvas Etc, we have pre-made canvas bags of different varieties, but making your own bag from canvas is an easy project to do!
- Reusable lunch bags from Sunforger canvas can withstand the most complex elements and be a true statement for your everyday lunch! Also, it is an eco-friendly and a sustainable way to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Outdoor cushions or covers for your patio furniture can be made with Sunforger canvas to eliminate the need to bring your furniture inside. This fabric can withstand extreme temperatures, so you can rest easy knowing your furniture is protected.
- Wall tapestries are a newer trend within the DIY community, and Sunforger canvas can surely be used to hang from any surface. It can be painted or sewn through easily, and can tie a room together beautifully.
- Working from home, or need to up your office decor game? Sunforger canvas can be adhered to a frame and used to make a bulletin board for all of your important documents! Its durability and flexibility can stand against other fabrics when being stretched and still remain workable through time.
You can safely bet that whatever the project, Sunforger treated canvas will be up for the task.
Where To Find Sunforger Tent Canvas Fabric
This canvas has been utilized in the manufacturing community for quite some time. It is a go-to fabric for all things that require the durability and flexibility to stand against the elements and time. It is water repellent and can come in flame retardant varieties. Whether it’s needed for a nautical cover for your vessel or a fabric for your tent, tent canvas is appropriate. At Canvas Etc., we proudly carry Sunforger canvas for our commercial and crafting customers. Whatever the necessity for your current or future projects, we can help you find the optimal fabric. To review and assess our many different weights and types of Sunforger canvas for tents and tipis and many other end-uses, please click thru this link here.
At Canvas Etc., we ensure to always have the right textile for whatever your use! Contact us today if you have any questions or would like more information on any of our products.