For years, pipe and drapes have been used in the theater industry to create temporary walls and other structures. These days, they’re also popular for event and party décor projects. They can be used for anything from creating a stage at an event to adding a little something extra to your living room or bedroom. Erecting your own pipe and drapes is surprisingly simple! Here are some tips on how to get started with pipe drapes and the full system.
What are Pipe Drapes?
Pipe drapes, also known as panel drapes, are fabric drapes used in pipe and drape systems (more on this below). Drapes can be made of a variety of materials. They can shimmer, flow, pool, and be used for many applications. You’ve probably seen black pipe drapes in conference centers and corporate-type events. Meanwhile, white drapes and colored fabrics are popular for weddings. Banquet halls often have these systems at their disposal in their event spaces. However, more and more DIY event planners and even individuals are investing in these portable systems to create luxurious-looking scenes for their parties and events.
Pipe and Drape Systems
Pipe and drape systems are made up of a series of pipe supports, uprights, bases, pins, and fabric. The pipes are usually aluminum or steel and come in different diameters to accommodate your space needs. The uprights are used to connect the pipes together; they can be clamps or bolts depending on what you prefer (or need). Fabric is often stretchable so that it fits snugly around your frame without sagging or puckering when you hang it up.
What Are Pipe and Drapes Used For?
Pipe and drapes are used for many different applications. They can be used at events, parties and home décor.
Pipe and drapes are a great way to create a room divider or wall art. It’s also an easy way to cover windows if you don’t have curtains in a given event space.
Cost Effective Event Decorating
Pipe drapes are a great way to decorate for any event, whether it’s a wedding or a corporate function. It’s durable, long lasting and easy to store. Plus you can use your pipe and drape set up at other events too!
- Cost Effective – Pipe and drape sets are more cost effective because they are reusable. You don’t have to worry about paying someone else every time you want an update or change of décor because your pipe and drapery set will work with any theme or color scheme.
- Durable – Pipe & drape sets are made from high quality materials that are meant to last through many years of use without breaking down on you unexpectedly like some other options may do over time due their lower grade materials used in their construction process as well as less rigorous quality checks during manufacturing processes. So, there is no need to worry about having ruined drape systems because something broke unexpectedly during setup/takedown time frames which could cause major headaches later on down the line.
Party Décor You Can Do Yourself
If you’re looking for a simple, elegant look that will help set the tone for your event, then consider buying fine silk or cotton drapes in white or cream colors. If on the other hand, you want something more dramatic (and maybe even a little bit over-the-top), then try picking out some vibrant colors like magenta or orange!
Now that we’ve got our fabric picked out (or at least narrowed down), let’s talk about where we’re going put these drapes up:
- Create backdrops: Pipe and drape can be used to create stunning backdrops for a stage, head table, or photo booth. You can use different fabrics, colors, and lighting to match your theme and style.
- Divide spaces: Pipe and drape can be used to divide a large room into smaller sections, creating a more intimate and cozy atmosphere. This is especially useful for weddings or corporate events where you want to create separate areas for dining, dancing, or networking.
- Hide unsightly areas: Pipe drapes can be used to hide unsightly areas such as storage rooms, equipment, or walls that clash with your décor. This is an easy way to transform a space and make it look more polished and professional.
- Enhance the ambiance: Pipe and drape can be used to enhance the ambiance of a space by adding texture, color, and depth. You can use sheer fabrics for a romantic and dreamy look, or bold colors for a more vibrant and energetic feel.
Canvas ETC – Your Pipe & Drape Experts
In the end, it’s up to you how much you want to spend on your event decorations. If you’re looking for something that will last and make a statement, then pipe and drape systems may be the way forward. Our dedicated and experience team of fabric experts are ready to help you find the pipe drapes fabric and supplies you need to create your own