Canvas By The Yard
As CanvasEtc.com is the leading online fabric store for cotton canvas, we take great pride in being able to not just offer a broad range of various widths and weights, but that we also offer canvas by the yard. That’s right! No minimum order requirements, you can buy only what you need as you need it! Identifying, selecting and ordering canvas by the yard has never been easier, and we are glad to always offer wholesale canvas with zero order minimums or requirements.
Do you need 12 yards of a #12/ 11.5 ounces per square yard canvas in natural color for the production of a slipcover? No problem. Do you need one single yard of a #1/ 30 ounce per square yard cotton duck canvas for a horse blanket? No problem. Do you need 2 yards of #2/ 28 ounces per square yard for a hatch tarp? You guessed it…no problem! We are known for always being in stock of many different fabric types, and offering canvas by the yard is one of those known attributes about our online store!
CanvasEtc.com offers canvas by the yard in so many different weights, widths and even colors, that we are certain that you will find exactly what you require from our site!
Did you know that Cotton Duck fabric is woven with two yarns together in the vertical warp and a single yarn in the horizontal weft? Warp and weft are the 2 components used in weaving where the horizontal thread (the weft) transverses the vertical warp thread in an over and then under process, and again, producing a very tightly woven fabric. But, have you ever wondered what the numerical system for classifying cotton canvas means or represents?
The weight in the numerical system defines the weight in such a way that grade 1 (Number 1) is the heaviest and grade 12 (Number 12) is the lightest variety. It’s really an inverse ratio where the highest weighted cotton duck canvas is the lowest number, and then vice-versa. Numbered duck is numerically created and identified in weights from 1 to 12, but numbers 7, 9, and 11 are no longer used.
Some consistent ways to utilize numbered duck is outlined here and below:
- #1 cotton duck canvas weighs an impressive 30 ounces per square yard (or 1,000 grams per square meter). This heavy weight cotton duck is most often utilized in floor coverings and wall-coverings. Its sound absorption qualities and attributed are known and well-reputed! It is often also used as protective equipment covers, heavy bags, storage bins, and even as horse packs and horse blankets.
- #2 cotton duck canvas is also a heavyweight cotton duck canvas material that weighs a well-respected 28 ounces per square yard (or 950 grams per square meter). This material is used for enclosures, hatch tarps and in the production of tarpaulins (tarps).
- #3 cotton duck canvas weighs an impressive 26 ounces per square yard (or 880 grams per square meter). #3 is often used in the production of bags that can ensure and withstand very tough maritime elements at sea and in a coastal environment.
- #4 cotton duck canvas weighs 24 ounces per square yard (or 810 grams per square meter). This is a very popular fabric and weight of material for work clothes that are heavy duty rugged wear clothes. Another popular product crafted from this weight of cotton duck are director chairs and hammocks. Sand bags for barricades and storm walls, place mats, material for belts are other consistently popular end-products manufactured from #4 cotton duck.
- #5 cotton duck canvas weighs 23 ounces per square yard (or 780 grams per square meter). A good #5 cotton duck is often used in the manufacturing of heavy-duty work clothes and rugged wear.
- #6 cotton duck canvas weighs 21 ounces per square yard (or 710 grams per square meter). It is used in the creation of multi-purpose utility bags and even place mats. It is a very good material to use for the making of belts as well.
- #8 cotton duck canvas weighs 18 ounces per square yard (or 610 grams per square meter). It is used in the manufacturing of backpacks, tipis, tents, painters drop cloth, clothes bags, tarps, work clothes and outdoor awnings.
- #10 cotton duck canvas weighs 14.75 ounces per square yard (or 500 grams per square meter). It is used often in the creation of shower curtains, murals, artist canvas, floor coverings, painters drop cloth, clothes, and even in hammocks.
- #12 cotton duck canvas weighs 11.5 ounces per square yard (or 390 grams per square meter). It is used in the production of stretched artist canvas, furniture slip covers/ slipcovers of any kind.
One thing is for certain… when you need canvas by the yard, we are here to be your sole source and trusted provider. If you need custom slitting and sewing, just let us know by calling us at 404-514-7166, or by emailing us at [email protected]. We are at the standby to offer any assistance and support to help you select the right canvas by the yard for your current and forthcoming project!